Monday, March 16, 2015

I NEED A MOMENT: Kendrick Lamar Drops "To Pimp A Butterfly"

I have to admit. This may be one of the greatest art projects of all time. I know it's too early to fully say that and all the Michael Jackson fans may hate me, but what the heck! I made this blog to post my deep opinions with no apologies. 

I worried if Kendrick would top J. Cole's 2014 Forest Hills Dr. However, I notice that Kendrick is not just a rapper. He's truly a vessel for hope in music and a manifestation of HipHop, Jazz, Funk, Soul and pure gospel. Honestly, Drake might be the top dollar of HipHop right now - but Kendrick is the soul. Doesn't get too much deeper than that. 

I'm honestly just happy that L.A. Has birthed another HipHop god. It's quite refreshing. The sound. The vibe. It's so real. (I'm listening to the album as I write). God bless this artist we call Kendrick. Being raised on Outkast, Snoop Dogg, Tribe Called Quest, the Roots & Bone Thugs - I can appreciate this so much.

Maybe I can write another post about the concept and musical meaning of the album - but now I'm just simply riding on the VIBE.



No comments: